Sunday Morning Worship 
10:30AM

Sunday School
9:00AM

Wednesday Hour of Power
6:00PM


CONTACT US

Mailing Address
6619 Prino Street
Hitchcock, Texas 77563

Telephone
409.986.7112

Email
labankimble@sbcglobal.net

New Macedonia
Baptist Church

ABOUT US

HISTORICAL SYNOPSIS OF THE NEW MACEDONIA BAPTIST CHURCH

In the year 1951 by the grace of God and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the New Macedonia Baptist Church was organized. Ministers present were the Rev. M.J. Kimble, SR., Rev. James Scott, Rev. Paul Jones, and Rev. G.W. Hester. Sisters present were Sis. Lizzie Bryant, Sis. M.L. Veal, Sis. Josephine Murray, and Sis. M.L. Kimble.

Three members united with the church at its inception. Bro. Charles Robinson, Sis. Lizzie Bryant, and Sis. Josephine Murray. The building for the church was donated by Rev. and Mrs. Leon Smith.

It was decided that the church would be named The New Macedonia Baptist Church. A motion was made, seconded, and accepted that Rev. M.J. Kimble would become the pastor of The New Macedonia Baptist Church of Hitchcock, Texas.

In 1951, under the leadership of Rev. Kimble, the church decided to purchase land on Prino Street. On June 23, 1955, the land was purchased for $450 cash from Mrs. Ida Bass and in 1958 the new church was erected at 6620 Prino Street.


In November of 1965 the church was remodeled.


Rev. M.J. Kimble served the church and community of Hitchcock faithfully for thirty-nine years before the Lord called him home.

On December 20, 1990 Rev. Graylin Andrus was called to pastor The New Macedonia Baptist Church. In 1995 the church purchased 4 lots north of the church on Prino Street. Rev. Andrus served the church inspirationally until 1996.

In March of 1997, Rev. L.J. Kimble accepted the job as pastor of The New Macedonia Baptist Church. He has brought great vigor and purpose to the church. Moved by the Holy Spirit Pastor Kimble initiated the groundwork for the building of a new sanctuary.

July of 1999 blueprints for a new edifice were submitted to the church. The construction of The New Macedonia Baptist Church at 6619 Prino Street was completed in January of 2001. The first worship service in the new church was held on January 28, 2001. Praise the Lord.

We look on the early years with deep respect for those courageous Christian men and women who struggled through the darkest of days to build a foundation for us.

We have come this far by faith, leaning on the Lord, trusting in His holy name
.

 

Website Builder